Authors of Surprised by Love on The Today Show
Our authors of Surprised by Love had an interview on the #1 morning show in the country, The Today Show. This did a lot for the brand of a book and the overall platform of the authors including multiple interview requests on other national media platforms and increase in book sales. There was great planning and strategy that went into securing this interview. Since we get asked all the time what is the best way to get on a national show, we thought we would provide some insight for our faithful followers on tips and tricks of getting your message heard at the highest level:
- It seems logical but is often a step most overlooked: take the time to put together a good team and to thoroughly put together a good story and message for your book.
- Have the book edited in a way that people will want to read it. Surprised by Love is a perfect case in point. Even though it’s a true story, it reads as a fast- paced novel and is written in memoir prose from a his/her version.
- Build a platform by launching websites for the message to be spread.
- Video is considered ‘sexy’ from most producers at this level. We made our site complete with both a video book trailer and author interviews. It helped us ‘cut to the chase’ with producers and they loved having that available.
- Have a very compelling, provocative headline in your outreach to producers – I.e. ‘True confessions of an adulterer’
- Make sure you launch your eBook at the same time as the physical printed book.
- Be extremely coachable and listen to advice every step of the way, including media training. We did multiple sessions of media training via Skype to save on budget. It worked!
- The authors were flexible with scheduling and allowed us to consult with them on what would be best for the book and sales. We encourage you to do the same.