5 Reasons #eBooks will be a Thing of the Past
Everyone knows tablet sales are through the roof and eBook sales are the only thing really saving Barnes and Nobles right now. My honest opinion though is enhanced eBooks will dominate the book market in less than the next two years.
Here is why that will happen. More and more the multimedia experience is dominating any technology market even book marketing. Think about the mobile devices and how as little as 3 years ago you probably didn’t watch TV on your phone let alone a tablet.
In the last year our team partnered with an enhanced eBook publisher which specializes in delivering eBook’s with a multimedia experience wrapped into all the content. You can scroll and read text, watch a video or listen to an author all from the tablet. You can then share this asset directly to any social media network. Sorry, but looking at an eBook side by side next to this format is like using a fax machine versus Skype for a meeting. I actually told someone yesterday please don’t fax me…I just simply don’t want to do it anymore.
The same will happen in the eBook market. Here are my top 5 reasons eBook’s will be a thing of the past.
- Video and the multimedia experience will dominate and continue to develop into new markets.
- Tablets will continue to be developed and enhanced and it will become a thing of the past to only read text.
- Sales of physical books will continue to slide and more publishers will make cuts. Take a look at the music industry and CD’s. Until publishers learn the BtoC model of selling more authors will continue calling me asking why their book isn’t selling.
- It is just boring now to read a book and not watch a video at the same time.
- Entrepreneurs and go-getters who know and see the trend will rise and become the experts. No longer are publishers needed to get a book to market.